The hotel and restaurant will be closed up to and including Thursday, November 26th 2020. We will re-open for lunches, afternoon teas, and steak night on Friday 27th November.
After 27th November we will remain closed Sunday night (after Sunday lunches) and all day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Any messages left on these days will be replied to on Thursday (or as soon as we can). You to contact us via email email@example.com or leave a phone message on 01570 422910. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
We kindly request that if you are ill that you contact us at your earliest convenience to cancel your booking, and not travel to us. Should your town / county / region / area be placed in locked we ask that you contact us to cancel your booking, and not travel to us.
Acquiring the “We’re Good to Go” mark is an industry standard that means our business has followed government and industry Covid-19 guidelines, has a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Travelling into Wales
Under current regulations we cannot accept room nor restaurant bookings from people who live outside of Wales.
What opening looks like
We are looking forward to welcoming you to The Falcondale. Here’s what to expect when you are staying with us.
It is compulsory in Wales that everyone over the age of 11 wears a mask in Indoor Public spaces. We kindly request that you wear your mask on check-in, checkout, within the public spaces of the hotel, whilst going to a from the toilets.
You can take off your face covering whilst in your room and whilst sat at a table having food or drink.
For a full list of guidance from the Welsh assembly government that applies from the 9th November (after firebreak ends) see here.
Dining at The Falcondale
We are committed in following government guidance and industry standards during your stay and would request that you book a table should you wish to sit in the lounge / conservatory / terrace or/and to eat in the restaurants. This will allow us to keep social distance and avoid crowding at certain times of the day.
On arrival at reception you will be asked for ID. Groups of 4 or less will be asked that the leader of the group provides confirmation ID of their name and check that their contact details is correct for Trace, Track and Protect. With groups over 4 each individual will be asked for ID from each individual confirming that you are all from the same household. The leader of the group will be asked to check that their contact details are correct for Trace, Track and Protect.
- There will be table service only. Guests cannot stand at the bar, or wander around the public spaces.
- Drink and food orders will be taken by a member of our team and brought to your table.
- Physical distancing measures will be applied, such as tables being spaced out
- Limit to groups of up to 4 people (not including any children aged under 11 ) unless they are from a single household. You are allowed to book a table with people outside your household, as long as you maintain physical distancing from them and the size of the group does not exceed 4 people (not including any children aged under 11). If all the people attending live together, the size of the group is not limited to 4.
- Face coverings must be worn other than when seated to eat or drink
- You will be asked to give contact details for purposes of tracing people in the event of an outbreak being linked to the venue
- There will be no live music
- A maximum of 2 hours can be spent at the venue by non-resident guests
- Bookings your “slot” is highly recommended.
Last orders for drinks is 10pm, with a traditional “drinking up time” of 20 minutes allowed. No drinks will be served after 10pm. The restaurant and public spaces (lounges/conservatory/terrace) will close for food and drinks at 10:20pm. All non-resident guests will be required to leave the premises by 10.20pm. Resident guests can not be served alcohol to your room after 10pm.
Whilst staying at the hotel, we will not be entering your room for housekeeping. Should you require anything please ask reception who will place your items outside your room door. There is an option to request a “housekeeping light” service where housekeeping will make the bed and replace your tea tray. We kindly request that you leave your room whilst this service takes place.
The best and easiest way to keep us all safe is to wash our hands. We have provided hand sanitiser in your room for your use during your stay – more can be purchased from reception.
We kindly request that you “Be Smart, Stay Apart” and keep your distance from our staff and other guests.
On your day of checkout, we will send you a copy of your room bill to the same email address used on booking. Should you prefer a paper copy ask at reception. Please keep your room key with you during your stay and leave on reception desk on departure. These will be sanitised before the next guest stays.
Should you become ill during your stay
Please inform us if you are ill, and phone NHS 111 to take advice and guidance on the best course of action.
What steps we are taking
We have undertaken staff training and gained the “We’re good to go” mark. We are dedicated to ensuring all our guests and staff are safe whilst at The Falcondale and have taken the necessary precautions to make this happen. The hotel operates an hourly and daily cleaning list which has identified high touch points such as handrails, door handles, light switches etc. Your room has been cleaned by a team member whose received extra training and is following new guidelines that concentrates on high risk surfaces.
Our Promise to you
- We will ensure safe sanitation practices are carried out, and all team members being certified in safe food handling
- Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities will be available to all customers and team members.
- We will clean and sanitise common areas and surfaces regularly
- Housekeeping will pay extra attention to light switches, door handles, TV remotes, radiator switches within guest bedrooms
- Removal of pens, paper, guest directory, magazines, leaflets from bedrooms. Guest directory will be available from our website, or available on request
- We will keep ourselves informed of government guidelines as and when they are announced and act accordingly.