Why have one day for your wedding when you can have a whole weekend!
It’s the happiest day of your life, so why not prolong it with an entire weekend.
Imagine rocking-up at The Falcondale on Friday for dinner with your closest friends and family. On Saturday morning your bedroom suite will be transformed into your very own hairdressing and beauty salon – perfect for you and your bridesmaids. Get hitched with various ceremony options available at the venue (including an outdoor option), followed by your wedding breakfast and night event. A restful Sunday can be had before heading off home.
The idea of a “Weekend Wedding” is popular with those not wishing to spend their time travelling; and it also allows you time to catch-up with your guests without feeling rushed.
THE BENEFITS OF A WEEKEND WEDDING
- Prolong your wedding celebrations
- Give guests travelling a long way more to look forward to
- Give yourselves a chance to celebrate with everyone
- Host different events throughout the weekend
- Enjoy the luxury of staying in one place
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR YOUR WEEKEND WEDDING
- BUDGET – ensure that you can afford to increase your wedding day to a wedding weekend. Will your guests be happy to pay for their own rooms? Who will be paying for any additional dining or/and activities that you would like to plan? Think about these costs before going ahead and planning your dream weekend wedding.
- FAMILY & FRIENDS – check that your nearest and dearest can attend a full weekend event. Some may need to plan time off work, save the date cards could be useful for those you want to invite to stay at your venue.
- TIME OF YEAR – planning a weekend wedding is hugely exciting for you but consider your guests. They may have other commitments around Christmas / summer holidays / Easter etc. Be sure to plan well in advance.
PLANNING IDEAS FOR YOUR WEEKEND WEDDING
As you’ll be at the same venue for the whole weekend, it may be an idea to plan your day with activities and dining. This way your guests will feel involved and part of your wedding.
A possible schedule could be as follows: –
- Arrive Friday afternoon at your leisure.
- Dinner has been arranged within the restaurant at 7pm, followed by an activity.
- Saturday morning breakfast.
- Whilst the bridal party get ready an activity has been arranged on the Falcondale lawns.
- Saturday afternoon and evening will be your ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening event.
- Sunday morning brunch with an activity prior to your departure.
Friday night dining
The night before your wedding can be quite stressful and your head swims with things that you think you may have forgotten. Instead of worrying, we suggest that you catch-up with your friends and family. We’ll provide the catering, and even do the washing-up for you.
Dining options could include a hot & cold buffet, a 3-course menu, BBQ (in the summer), fish & chips, cheese and meat platters – just let us now what you would prefer 😊
Consider your guests and who you’ve invited. If there are lots of children you may decide to have a children’s entertainment space with dedicated staff to entertain and look after the little ones with books, toys, tablets and a napping area (inside); or how about bouncy castles outside.
Activities could include lawn games, archery or a countryside walk. Indoor activities may include a quiz, board games, cards or the higher of a casino!
Have a discussion with your wedding co-ordinator to plan appropriate areas and timeslots for any planned activities
Say thank you to your guests for joining your day with a Champagne brunch, BBQ or a relaxed luncheon before saying your goodbyes.
- Insure your wedding before you start paying deposits on any venue, facility or service.
- Send out save the date cards to your nearest friends and family that you absolutely want to be there.
- Think about your accommodation. The Falcondale has 17 rooms, we have a list of local B&B’s, Guest houses and self-catering options found locally. You may need to decide who you’d like to invite to stay at the venue and who to send a list of alternative accommodation.
- Discuss your food requirements. It is far better and easier to pre-organise dining for the whole weekend – and not rely on “the majority” deciding on the day. In our experience this causes chaos and uncertainty at a time when you need to be relaxing. Pre-planning is the way to go.
Weddings at The Falcondale
Our aim has been to offer suggestions that could be applied to The Falcondale hotel & restaurant, a four-star country house hotel located just outside Lampeter in Mid Wales.
Peek at our Wedding page for details on packages.
To book a showaround give us a call on 01570 422910 or email email@example.com