Be a Green Visitor
We understand that we have a responsibility to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment. We take this responsibility very seriously and are already undertaking a number of energy saving measures in the hope of further diminishing our carbon footprint.
By working together as a team, we hope to increase awareness and understanding of these environmental issues to create a safe and clean environment for future generations.
We are undertaking the following actions to achieve this: –
- We ensure legal compliance with environmental legislation and codes of best practice
- We strive to continually improve our environmental and social performance
- We seek to reduce pollution, emissions and waste produced by the hotel
- We are reducing our consumption of energy, water and other resources
- We aim to increase awareness of environmental issues with all employees and guests
- We use locally sourced produce
- We liase with the local community
- We encourage the growth of biodiversity on our grounds and in the local area
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices
We would like to ask you to help us!
There are a number of ways in which you, as a guest, can reduce the impact of your stay on the environment.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Reduce pollution – take a walk instead of a drive
- Reuse your towels and linen
- Turn the lights off when you leave the room
- Save electricity – try not to leave electrical equipment plugged in while out of the room – phone chargers still use electricity even if there is no phone to charge!
- Turn the TV off completely – being left on standby still uses electricity
- Conserve water – have a shower instead of a bath
- Make sure the taps are fully turned off and not dripping
- While you are here please buy local produce to support the local communities
- Respect the environment – please do not litter
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our standing as a Green Hotel please do not hesitate to voice them to a member of staff – we are always looking for new ideas!