The hotel understands that it has a responsibility to help protect and sustain the local, national and global environment
The directors take their responsibility very seriously and are undertaking a number of energy saving measures in the hope of further diminishing the carbon footprint. By working together as a team we hope to increase awareness and understanding of these environmental issues to create a safe and clean environment for future generations.
We aim to: -
- Ensure legal compliance with environmental legislation and strive to exceed industry best practice.
- Ensure that all staff members are aware of their duty of care to the environment through in-house training and encourage them to participate in the creation of new energy saving ideas and working methods.
- Encourage biodiversity of flora and fauna in and on the hotel grounds.
- Reduce the consumption of raw materials, water and fuels.
- Promote the environmental policy to all guests and customers to increase awareness.
- Increase the use of recyclable and renewable resources, and only use products and services with minimal environmental impact or high energy efficiency.
- Measure and record our current energy consumption and strive to reduce it year by year by a set target in areas such as Water consumption, Energy consumption, Waste production
- Regularly check the progress made with targets set and adapt them accordingly.
There are a number of ways in which you, as a guest, can reduce the impact on the environment during your stay at Falcondale.
Here are a few suggestions: -
- Reduce the amount of pollution in the air and go for a walk, or use public transport instead of taking the car.
- Remember to turn off all the lights when leaving your room.
- To save electricity try to remember to unplug electrical items when not in use.
- Having a mobile phone charger plugged in still uses electricity even if there is no phone for it to charge.
- Turn appliance off completely as leaving them on standby still uses electricity.
- Try to conserve water by having a shower instead of a bath, and only putting enough water in the kettle as you require.
- Make sure all taps are turned off properly, dripping taps are waste of water.
- While you are here please buy local produce to support the local communities.
- Respect the environment by putting all rubbish in the appropriate bins.
If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our standing as a green hotel please do not hesitate to voice them to a member of staff.
We are always looking for new ideas.